Friday, July 20, 2012

OMPB

[Oh my Pregnant Brain!] 

Pregnant Brain - The condition in which a women fat with child can no longer remember or think clearly.
 
I can't completely deny that I had PB with my first child,  but I do remember being skeptical when women blamed their blunders on their supposed pregnant brain (even after their child was 3 years old in some cases).  puh-leeeze, just admit you're a ditz...
When I mention to my husband that I don't think I had PB with our daughter, he usually mumbles something barely audible, or gives me a pity smirk - not very reassuring. 
However, with this boy that I'm carrying around in my belly, I definitely feel like my brain has turned to straw. I can never remember a time when I was so forgetful, but that probably doesn't say much since I can't remember anything, or think clearly.
I mentioned on FB a while ago that I forgot to get dressed for a while after the shower, I blame that one partly on the summer heat, good thing no one came to the door - I like to think I would have realized my current condition. 
One morning my husband told me that he was fasting that day, something I can't currently do (without complaint).  While actively thinking about my husband's fast, I simultaneously started making him scrambled eggs and a smoothie.   See what I mean?  This brain is lame.
 I sure hope the fuzziness comes into focus again after I give birth, I'm going to need to be even sharper than before with two babes. 
However, despite the fact that I get annoyed with myself for not having a brain anymore, I am lucky in the way that I don't get very sick while pregnant, my baby isn't pressing on any crazy painful nerves, I can still taste food normally, I (used to) still have enough energy to workout, I haven't started retaining water in a ridiculous way, and I'm sure the list goes on but I can't think of anymore right now - for the most part, I feel healthy and normal(ish) minus the giant beach ball under my skin and the constant jabs from the alien life-form invading that beach ball belly.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, you're great. the eggs and smoothie story is the best. :)

Amber said...

I totally know what you mean. I have been putting things in the pantry that belong in the fridge. Lately I will go upstairs to do something and forget once I reach the top. When I reach the bottom, sometimes I will remember and occasionally I will forget again once again immediately after remembering and going back up the stairs.

Brian and Emily said...

It doesn't come back. What's gone is gone. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :)

CBruner said...

Haha! That sounds super funny. I guess your body is putting more energy into make your baby than anything else.

Scottie and Angie said...

LOL totally love it girl!!! I think I still have that condition, but now it's just called mom brain!