Friday, February 22, 2013

ready stop!

There's a little trend going on Facebook that I find incredibly obnoxious.  Sorry (but not really sorry) if you do or have done this...
Person asks a question (ie where's the best place to get a haircut?) and ends with.. "Ready, GO!"
As if we're all just chomping at the bit, scraping at the start line, begging for you to ask your question so that we can all race to be the first one to answer.

It's pretentious
It's annoying
Please stop.

No one likes to be rushed into anything, and no one likes to be told what to do, especially when it's something they would already do on their own, I think that's why I find this trend so distasteful.  I'll answer your question if I have an answer, but when I'm told to hurry up and GO, then I tend to think you're full of yourself and I'm no longer interested in helping.

Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm about to lose some friends because I just told you that you're bugging me. Either way, please stop.


Grievance aired.




No comments: