Thursday, September 13, 2012

Due date Schmoo date

In school and work we learn the importance of due dates, don't turn your work in on time by the due date, you get in trouble.
But those due dates deal with things we can actually control.
Why do we put a magical date telling a baby that he's supposed to now emerge from mama's comfy belly.
Babies know how to eat, eliminate, sleep, cry and let's also say cuddle (because everyone knows they're good at it even if they don't mean to be).
So here's a phrase that super bothers me.  "your baby will come when he's ready."  Really?  My baby knows when he's done cookin'?  How about we just admit that we can't control nature and leave it at that.  I guess it just sounds cuter, or more motherly?
Because here's the deal, if my baby is still kicking my ribs and punching my bladder just because he hasn't decided to come out of hiding, then that kid is in big trouble and will be getting a spanking* when he does man up and decide to show his face (that's right buddy, you better be scared, because mama's getting mad).


Induction scheduled for Sunday night the 16th, expected delivery to be Monday September 17th, so stop asking if he's come yet, trust me, I'll be joyfully advertising if I actually go into labor by myself.



*don't worry, I won't punish my newborn child for being late, please refrain from preemptively calling Child Protective Services.


No comments: