Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ridiculous Incentives

It was bagels and schmear that got me out of bed this morning. 
I am trying to stick to a routine of waking up early to go to the gym and work out and be able to shower and have some me time, all before Gracie wakes up at 7:30 (ps, I hate you Daylight Savings Time, your throwing off my daughter's sleep schedule).  As it gets colder, waking up early gets harder.  I was actually awake already when the alarm went off, and I didn't exactly fall back to sleep, I just didn't want to get out of bed, for 35 minutes I thought of reasons why I don't need to actually get up this morning, or why I have legitimate excuses not to (the baby woke up at 3:00am and kept me up for 10 minutes, it's going to be a sunny day - I can run later, I could just make today my off day, and the list goes on and on). 
But then I remembered that at my gym, the second Tuesday of the month is Bagel day, and you can take as many as you want, and they're good.  At that thought I sprung to action.  I couldn't miss the opportunity to get free bagels for my family for breakfast.
Gotta get my money's worth for the gym membership, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol, that's hilarious! I love the list of excuses, I go through them too. and I don't have the added challenge of trying to go in the morning before my girls wake up. Which is SUPER impressive, btw. I am absolutely amazed that you would be able to get all that done so early. way to go! Which gym do you go to?